GREEN POWER SMOOTHIE AKA DINOSAUR JUICE
Are you in a rush and don't have time to spend half an hour in the kitchen but still want a quick and easy nutritious snack? Or maybe your kids are screaming they want something NOW while you are preparing the family dinner?
Skip those crackers and cheese and try this nutrient full Green Power Smoothie, or as kids call it, Dinosaur Juice.
It is not only prepared in just 5 minutes, but a glass of it will also fulfil 14% of your average adult daily fibre requirements and give you 22% of your daily Omega 3, 18% of potassium, 12% of magnesium, 18% of vitamin E and 32% of vitamin K!
And - it is gluten, egg, dairy and nut free, so it is suitable for children with these food sensitivities.
Preparation time: About 5 min
- 1 cup of raw spinach (ideally baby spinach)
- 1/2 cup of sliced raw cucumber
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 medium banana
- 1 pear
- 1 table spoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of parsley (ideally fresh)
- 1 table spoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (you can increase this further if you find the smoothie to thick for your liking)
How to make it:
Put all ingredients in a blender, mix until they are well combined and enjoy!
If you want to boost the smoothie with some extra protein, you can also add in some organic split pea protein powder or hemp seeds/hemp powder.