VEGAN LIME-COCONUT CHEESECAKE
This is a no-bake vegan and gluten-free cheesecake that we guarantee will knock your socks off!
Preparation time: 10-15 min for the prep, 2-3 hours for cooling
Ingredients for 10 servings:
For the crust
- 2 1/4 cups of raw pecan nuts
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
For the filling
- 2 1/2 cups of raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut cream or only the thick part of the coconut milk from the can (also 1 cup size)
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon of ground vanilla beans
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 5 table spoons of maple syrup
- 2 table spoons of coconut oil
How to make it:
Put all the ingredients for the crust in a blender and mix until you get a slightly sticky mixture. Transfer the 'dough' to the tart pan and press it into the bottom and up the sides. Chill in the fridge or ideally in the freezer while you are preparing the filling for the cake.
Soak cashew nuts in warm water for 2 hours.
Put all ingredients for the filling in a blender and mix until you get a smooth texture. Take out the tart pan from the freezer/fridge and pour the filling over the crust, spread evenly.
Keep the cake in the freezer for at least an hour to allow it to settle or in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving for optimal texture and taste.