OAT & PINEAPPLE SNOWBALLS
This delicious snack is filled with plant protein, fibre, healthy fats, magnesium, iron, zinc and antioxidants.
Kids love this snack because it is juicy and sweet (although it contains no added sugar) and parents are fans as it is healthy, quick and easy to prepare, requires no cooking and it can last in the fridge to up for a week!
The snowballs are also egg, dairy and nut free, so they are suitable for children with these food sensitivities.
Preparation time: About 20 min (5 to prepare the mix, 15 min for rolling)
- 1 1/2 cups of raw rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 cups of cubed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded coconut (1/2 for the mix and 1 cup for rolling)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 /2 cup of chopped dates
- 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk
How to make it:
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until they are well combined.
Use the mixture to create balls and roll them in the shredded coconut. You can also use raw unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling instead.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container.